[U-Boot-Users] MAC address question...

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Aug 26 17:03:20 CEST 2004

In message <6.1.1.1.0.20040826005414.01dd2158 at wheresmymailserver.com> you wrote:

> However, changing the EEPROM MAC address is troublesome, because the
> /drivers/smc91111.c doesn't seem to support programming the attached
> EEPROM. (you can get_rom_mac, but not set_rom_mac).
>
> Before I started adding things, does anyone else have the same issue?

Where exactly is the provlem? This case should be covered by  U-Boot.
See  the  paragraphs  starting  with "If the network interface stores
some valid MAC address..." in section "Note  for  Redundant  Ethernet
Interfaces" in the README.

> What I was thinking of doing was defining some reserved memory locations of
> the processor as FLASH, and handle this in /board/specific/flash.c - a

Defining memory locations of the processor as flash? ?? ???

What exactly are you talking about????

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The word "fit", as I understand it, means "appropriate to a purpose",
and I would say the body of the Dean is supremely appropriate to  the
purpose of sitting around all day and eating big heavy meals.
                                 - Terry Pratchett, _Moving Pictures_