[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot DHCP request does not time out.

Brian S. Park brian at corelis.com
Mon Aug 30 19:51:12 CEST 2004

Hi all,
I have question about U-Boot and its BOOTP/DHCP client capability.
We are using it to get the dynamic IP from DHCP server and it looks like it
never times out if the network cable is not connected.
Our target has network connection as well as USB2.0 connection so we do not
want it to hang just because it could not get a valid IP. Can I make it
time out? Or is it better to let Linux handle DHCP stuff after it boots?

I'm currently using U-Boot-1.0.

If anybody has a pointer to how to setup DHCP client stuff properly in
embedded Linux, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

Brian S. Park  brian at corelis.com  (562) 926-6727 x132
Everything we do helps our customers get to market
FASTER with HIGHER quality and LOWER cost