[U-Boot-Users] Booting kernel with initrd

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Aug 31 22:13:25 CEST 2004

In message <2574043332486841A5B27A5FE9769E45014F82BF at esealnt888.al.sw.ericsson.se> you wrote:
> I want to create the linux root partition as image on a fat filesystem and therefore create an initrd which mount this image via the loopback device.

I hope you are aware that the FAT filesystem has serious restrictions
which make it pretty pessimal for a root filesystem. For example, you
cannot create device nodes in such a filesystem.

> Is uboot capable of loading an initrd image and passing it to the kernel ?

Yes. But instead of asking you were supposed to RTFM.

> How to configure uboot for this configuration and which kernel parameters must be used in this case to tell the kernel where to find the initrd im ram ?

Please read the f... manual!!!

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Die ganzen Zahlen hat der liebe Gott  geschaffen,  alles  andere  ist
Menschenwerk...                                     Leopold Kronecker