[U-Boot-Users] RPXlite_DW problem/solution U-boot CVS

Sam Song samsongshu at yahoo.com.cn
Wed Dec 1 02:05:33 CET 2004

Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> > Add "make RPXlite_DW_16MB" to support your board.
>
> No, please don't. It is trivial (less  than  15
> lines  of  code)  to support  both 8 and 9 column
> SDRAM chips with the same configuration,
> so instead of littering the Makefile  with
> countless  configurations
> all  the  boards will be able to run the same U-Boot
> image. I already poointed out how to do this.

Sorry for this misleading advice I did. OK, just do
the port in your way. But first thing is to port right
on 16MB RPXlite DW board. For Rapha's port
convenience, I list the ported RPXlite DW hardware
configuration.

CPU: MPC823e
FLASH: 4×AM29DL323DB90VI   4×4MB=16MB  4×8bit
SDRAM: 2×MT48LC16M16A2-75  2×32MB=64MB 2×16bit

> > you just need add a CONFIG_RPXLITE_16MB macro in
>
> Don't. I will reject any such patches. Do it the
> Right Way (TM).

OK, fine. Be more professional. I do agree:-)

=====
Best regards,

Sam