[U-Boot-Users] help starting

Ilan Finci list at finci.org
Wed Dec 1 10:06:57 CET 2004

Hi,
Yes I've read it, but when I try this (on the older board, where the
u-boot is working), the gdb doesn't stop at that function, just continue
(and over the serial terminal, I see the normal u-boot messages, and
later auto booting into linux).

Here is the screen dump of what I've done:

U-Boot $ powerpc-linux-gdb u-boot
GNU gdb 5.3
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu
--target=powerpc-linux"...
(gdb) target remote jtag2:2001
Remote debugging using jtag2:2001
_start () at /homes/ifinci/secure/work/SeeQNet/U-Boot/cpu/mpc5xxx/start.S:91
91              li      r21, BOOTFLAG_COLD      /* Normal Power-On
        */
(gdb) b cpu_init_f
Breakpoint 1 at 0xfff03a34: file cpu_init.c, line 53.
(gdb) c
Continuing.

and I don't get the GDB prompt back unless I press CTRL+C.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Ilan