[U-Boot-Users] help porting u-boot for customized ixdp425 board

Jon Loeliger jdl at freescale.com
Thu Dec 2 17:09:39 CET 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 09:23, Ara Avanesyan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm noob in hardware, flashes and I need some help to porting u-boot
> to our customized ixdp425 hardware.
>
> This hardware contains a small CFI compliant bootable flash for u-boot
> (512kb) and another one 64 Mb DiskOnChip flash for OS, FS and
> programs.
>
> I've read readme and the online manual. I have some basic knowledge
> about the things and some guesses what to do. However these are only
> guesses without any confirmation. I do not want go through tries and
> failures way.

Hmmm... So it seems you've done the porting algorithm
fairly religiously so far, maybe even including the
"while (learning)" clause. :-)

Seems you are even anticipating the else clause of the
standard "if (available_money > toLocalCurrency ($2500)" test.
That's good.

> Anybody familiar with those things please give me some advices where
> to start the porting or whatever might be useful...

Many people are familiar with this process.  Some to greater
extent than others, so help us out a bit too.

Let's start with your _actual_ questions.  What are they?

Did you continue through the porting algorithm?  Did you make
your own board directory and files?  Have you built a new
image for it?  Downloaded it?  Do you have a BDI2000 to use?

We're going to need some more details from you here...

> Any help is greatly appreciated.

HTH...

> Thanks,
> Ara