[U-Boot-Users] Re: help porting u-boot for customized ixdp425 board

Ara Avanesyan araav at hylink.am
Fri Dec 3 07:40:30 CET 2004

Hi again,

  and thanks all for the answers...

Well, seems i was unable to give you an idea what I really needed, pity:)

My only problem (at this stage) is regarding those nesty flash stuff. As for
building, downloading, debugging etc these are pretty easy. And why really
I've asked for help, coz I do not have the target board yet and i can't do
any tests for now, i just want to make sure u-boot can be adapted for my
target.

Ok, specific questions are:
as in my board's booting flash is different from the original ixdp and i do
not keep anything in this flash do i (ok, u-boot) need to recognize it at
all? why?

as my second flash (OS, fs etc) is DOC, what shell I add/modify/remove to
make u-boot to understand this guy? and...
do i understand it correctly - if i want doc commands to work i need the
previous step be done?

sorry if the questions are lame, i'm really noob here... |-:)

Thanks,
Ara