[U-Boot-Users] Re: GOT and adresses

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Dec 6 08:51:08 CET 2004

In message <W39693260161781102304127 at webmail2> you wrote:

> Yes, I have read that, but u-boot somehow alters the GOT behavior provided by gcc with macros such as GET_GOT. I am not sure why that is necessary, or, in other words, why the macro is there in the first place.

Please use a standard line length, i. e. a maximum of 70 characters per line.

We don't "alter GOT behaviour". We just use the GOT to  relocate  the
code to a new address. This is something which has nothing to do with
GCC.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
One of the advantages of being a captain is being able to ask for ad-
vice without necessarily having to take it.
	-- Kirk, "Dagger of the Mind", stardate 2715.2