[U-Boot-Users] How To Register Interrupt Routines in ARM920T?

Anders Larsen alarsen at rea.de
Wed Dec 8 09:12:25 CET 2004

Rodel Miguel <rodelfmiguel at gmail.com> schreibt:
>Kermit Not Responding).  I debugged this on the getc level and
>verified that my board's U-Boot can accept the first few data from my
>PC's kermit and then the loadb function hangs, i.e. does not accept
>any data.  I think this is because my UART's FIFO is not handled well,
>and probably needs software flow control.

Are you sure the problem is on the receiving side (i.e., did your
PC Kermit continue sending after your board stopped receiving)?

It could also be a synchronization problem (i.e., the UART in your
PC is clocked slightly faster than the UART on your board); you can
relax that by setting the PC (but not your board) to two stop-bits.

Anyway, if you really need flow-control, then I'd strongly recommend
hardware (RTS/CTS) over software (XON/XOFF) for reliability reasons
(an XOFF (or worse, an XON) might get lost on the line).

Cheers
 Anders