[U-Boot-Users] Uncompressing uImage error

Stefan Roese mail at stefan-roese.de
Thu Dec 9 17:59:32 CET 2004

Hi Sadri!

On Thursday 09 December 2004 17:41, Alireza Sadri wrote:

> I am working on a custom board , I used U-Boot and
> ported it, U-Boot is working well, and i compiled ELDK
> to a uImage , with the command >make uImage.
>
> here is the rest of the precedure:
>
> er8260> tftp 10000 uImage
> ARP broadcast 1
> TFTP from server 10.10.0.187; our IP address is
> 10.10.0.185
> Filename 'uImage'.
> Load address: 0x10000
                ^^^^^^^

Here is your problem! When using this load-address you will likely overwrite
your image upon decompressing it! Choose another load address and everything
should work fine (at least 0x200000).

> can anyone please help me? why is this happening?

The image will be decompressed to the load address given in the header of the
uImage file (here 0x00000000). So there is a good chance that you overwrite
the source-image @ 0x100000 (depending on your image-size).

> (I read the FAQ , and searched mailing list for 200
> last mails , by the phrase" GUNZIP uncompressing
> error", i didn't find anything , hope it not to be a
> FAQ and sorry if it is.)

I am pretty sure that this is well documented. Could be that Wolfgang will
point this out... ;-)

Best regards,
Stefan