[U-Boot-Users] Linux hangs on SCC2 (consol)

Alireza Sadri arsadri at yahoo.ca
Sun Dec 12 19:48:30 CET 2004

Hi ,

i use ELDKv3 kernel v2.4.24 , and i used make
menuconfig ,and for MPC8260 I chosed SCC for console .

I have only one SCC1 port (it has only two pins Rx,Tx)
but i cannot configure kernel to search for only one
console , it hangs after asking for the second one:

Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
Memory BAT mapping: BAT2=64Mb, BAT3=0Mb, residual: 0Mb
Linux version 2.4.24-pre2 (root at Setareh2) (gcc version
.
.
.
Initializing RT netlink socket
Starting kswapd
CPM UART driver version 0.01
ttyS0 on SCC1 at 0x8000, BRG7
ttyS1 on SCC2

and hangs here  , can anyone please tell me what is my
problem? here is my menuconfig MPC8260 CPM
configuration:

[*] Enable SCC console
[ ] CPM SCC Ethernet
[*] CPM FCC Ethernet
[*] Ethernet on FCC1
[*] Ethernet on FCC2
[*] Ethernet on FCC3
[ ] Use MDIO for PHY configuration
[ ] Support LXT970    PHY
[*] Support LXT971    PHY
[ ] Support QS6612    PHY
[ ] Support AMD79C873 PHY
[ ] Support DM9131    PHY
[ ] Simple CPM SPI Support
--- SCC UART h/w handshaking options
---   SCC1
(None) CTS signal for SCC1
(None) RTS signal for SCC1
(None) CD signal for SCC1
(None) DTR signal port for SCC1
---   SCC2
(None) CTS signal for SCC2
(None) RTS signal for SCC2
(None) CD signal for SCC2
(None) DTR signal port for SCC2
---   SCC3
(None) CTS signal for SCC3
(None) RTS signal for SCC3
(None) CD signal for SCC3
(None) DTR signal port for SCC3
---  SCC4
(None) CTS signal for SCC4
(None) RTS signal for SCC4
(None) CD signal for SCC4
(None) DTR signal port for SCC4

Best regards,
Alireza Sadri, student of university.
PS: I must opologize for asking a linux question, (if
i must ask it in other places , please tell me where
can i ask),i asked it here , because my problem may be
caused by uboot and exprienced by it's users.hope it
is not irrelevant to uboot, and not to bother anyone.