[U-Boot-Users] Booting From hard disk.

Sharad P. Katti sharad.katti at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 17:20:16 CET 2004

Hi,

> Are you sure that your image is working at all? Does it boot when you
> download it over TFTP and boot then?

Since there is no net option in our board, we cant check this.

> You should know the memory map of your board better that we.  In  any
> case it seems likely to me that there is flash or ROM at address 0 on
> your  board,  and  not  RAM,  so  using  0x0000 as load & entry point
> address is obviously plain wrong.

in our board, the ram starts from 0xa0000000, and is of 32 MB.
while creating the uImage, the load address and entry point as 0xa0008000,
and we are loading the image from IDE device to the RAM as,

$diskboot 0xa0001000 0:1

and then,
 $bootm 0xa0001000 to boot from that location.

We are able to get the uImage header information properly,
but after the "Starting kernel", it is restarting, with "data abort"

> Neither one nor the  other.  U-Boot  is  _attempting_  to  start  the
> kernel, which is not there where you pretend it is.

We have checked the contents of RAM, using md, it is properly copied
at 0xa0001000.
then, after restarting, we cheked the contents at 0xa0008000, at the
both the locations,
the kernel is proper.

best regards,
--
Sharad P.Katti

"GOD is real, unless declared as an int"