[U-Boot-Users] flashing u-boot image onto mpc855 board

Ryan Wilkins ryan at elevated-networks.com
Tue Dec 14 23:32:40 CET 2004

MPCBDM.  Support for it is built into gdb in the current release of
ELDK.

MPCBDM uses the parallel port and a simple circuit that you will need
to build.

I use it.  It is slow and flakey especially for Intel flash chips.  I'm
sure the BDI2000 would be much nicer and much faster but for the
occasional flashing that I do, it's just not worth it.

Email me off list if you want my Flash.dev file for the Intel 28F320J5
and 28F640J5 chips.

Ryan Wilkins