[U-Boot-Users] Re: Reading or writing jffs2 - how?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Dec 21 10:12:01 CET 2004

Dear Martin,

in message <41C7E65C.7030002 at egholm-nielsen.dk> you wrote:

> > Another reason for using our ELDK - it has a working mkfs.jff2 ;)
> Noo?! I used mkfs.jffs2 from ELDK 3.0:

Of course Detlev means: use the latest  and  greates  ELDK  -  i.  e.
release 3.1

> # mkfs.jffs2 --version
> mkfs.jffs2 revision 1.25

-> mkfs.jffs2 --version
mkfs.jffs2: revision 1.42

> # cat /usr/local/eldk/version
> ELDK version 3.0
> ppc_4xx: Build 2004-02-16

That's too old:

---------------------
PatchSet 342
Date: 2004/06/16 11:57:35
Author: wd
Branch: HEAD
Tag: (none)
Log:
Use mtd-snapshot-20040608 to get a more recent version of
mkfs.jffs2 as needed for NAND flash support.

Members:
        cpkgs.lst:1.42->1.43
        tarballs.lst:1.37->1.38
        cross_rpms/mtd_utils/SOURCES/mtd_utils-jffs2.patch:1.1->1.2
        cross_rpms/mtd_utils/SPECS/mtd_utils.spec:1.1->1.2

> But ofcourse, I guess the above error blocked u-boot from putting the
> correct image in the nand...

Indeed.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"I like your game but we have to change the rules."