[U-Boot-Users] UART 16654

Jonas Dietsche maillist at fsforth.de
Tue Dec 28 09:40:29 CET 2004

Wolfgang Denk wrote on 12/27/04 21:10:
> You have a problem in your Linux kernel. The Linux drivers  must  not
> make any assumptions about any initialization done or not done by any
> boot loader. Fix your Linux driver.
I just tried to take out the serial driver of the kernel. Still the same
problem, last message "Starting kernel..." (ok, have to be the last one,
because I have no console...). But I am still not able to ping the
target. Using an u-boot without the serial driver and linux boots. Is it
really a misconfigured linux driver, or should I focus on my u-boot driver?

Regards,

--
Jonas