[U-Boot-Users] manual relocation in u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Dec 31 20:20:56 CET 2004

In message <20041231154722.33928.qmail at web21208.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> Would it be correct to say that u-boot
> requires C-code to manually relocate things like
> pointers stored in statically initialized arrays?

Yes, this is correct. Blame it on me - I just don't  know  if  it  is
possible to make GC add the relevant entries to the GOT, and how.

> If so, Is there any mention of this requirement in the
> U-boot documentation?  (I tried to find some).

There are a few comments in  the  source  code  (like:  "We  have  to
relocate  the command table manually" in lib_ppc/board.c) but without
much explanation.

Feel free to submit a patch to improve this.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
panic: kernel trap (ignored)