[U-Boot-Users] U-boot and booting linux image from IDE device

Jerry Walden jerry.walden at lantronix.com
Mon Feb 2 20:16:54 CET 2004

Hi - it appears as u-boot is working great for our board!

I have been doing tftp boots, and in a past project I used bootm because
that board did not have an IDE device.

I read the README on installing Linux, and cannot find a section on how
to get u-boot to boot from an IDE device/

Is it possible for u-boot to boot from an IDE device?
If so - is the target the same as the target built my "make uImage"?
How is the IDE device setup (i.e. partitions, and location of kernel
etc...)

Thanks!