[U-Boot-Users] u-boot.h/bd_t missing fields needed by Linux IBM IIC I2C Interface Driver

listmember at orkun.us listmember at orkun.us
Wed Feb 4 03:12:51 CET 2004

> In message <13382.24.206.119.24.1075829319.squirrel at www.orkun.us> you
> wrote:
>>
>> > No, the  fields  are  useful  and  needed.  We  added  these  to  our
>> > "linuxppc_2_4_devel" tree some time ago:
>>
>> linuxppc_2_4_devel did not have csb272 support. According to Dan Kegel
>> who
>> did the porting linuxppc_2_4_devel tree is dead and and not maintained
>> and
>> changes should go to linuxppc-2.4 instead. Also the above URL indicates
>> linux_2_4_devel is old.
>
> Well, feel free to ignore it, then. All I was trying to do is showing
> you where you can find a  (tested  and  working)  solution  for  your
> problem. Feel free to use the "new" and "living" linuxppc-2.4 source tree
> which does not contain the fixes you need.

No, I was not implying anything or trying to be rude. I just reported what
I was told and initially though I should use linuxppc_2_4_devel from
linuxppc trees. It is a pity that all this stuff is scattered all around
each having bits and pieces I need but none is complete (to build CSB272
kernel) :(

>> Where can I get these changes? Is this your copy of linuxppc_2_4_devel
>> or
>> (so-called) official tree?
>
> As I wrote before: this is in the "linuxppc_2_4_devel" module on  our
> CVS server.

Sorry, it was not clear to me. Anyway, I copied ppcboot.h and
i2c-ibm_iic.c (due to different field name - one line change) from your
tree to the linuxppc tree and it worked. However, the new fields were not
intialized properly so driver somehow defaulted to sane values :) I am
using u-boot 1.0 . I guess I need to checkout u-boot from CVS and apply my
csb272 board changes to have them initialized properly. right?

Best regards,
Tolunay