[U-Boot-Users] u-boot.h/bd_t missing fields needed by Linux IBM IIC I2C Interface Driver

listmember at orkun.us listmember at orkun.us
Tue Feb 3 18:28:39 CET 2004

>> How, should I proceed? Should I add these to u-boot.ini and copy updated
>
> I have no idea what u-boot.ini is.

Oops, sorry! I meant "u-boot.h". Silly mistake...

>> u-boot.h to include/asm/ppc directory (where ppcboot.h resides) and
>> include u-boot.h in csb272.h instead of ppcboot.h?
>
> Also, I don't know where you got the "linuxppc-2.4" cvs tree from?

I got linuxppc-2.4 from ppclinux bitkeeper trees (actually via rsync from
montavista which gets the top of the tree) because it had support for
csb272 board.

http://www.penguinppc.org/dev/kernel.shtml

>> Should I look into another I2C driver that does not use these fields?
>
> No, the  fields  are  useful  and  needed.  We  added  these  to  our
> "linuxppc_2_4_devel" tree some time ago:

linuxppc_2_4_devel did not have csb272 support. According to Dan Kegel who
did the porting linuxppc_2_4_devel tree is dead and and not maintained and
changes should go to linuxppc-2.4 instead. Also the above URL indicates
linux_2_4_devel is old.

I actually started from this originally and integrated csb272 support
(earlier version of Dan's work from another source) manually. At that time
I did not check if I2C was working. All my worry was to get the kernel up
and running.

> ---------------------
> PatchSet 116
> Date: 2003/11/11 16:28:43
> Author: wd
> Branch: HEAD
> Tag: (none)
> Log:
> Fix I2C for 'PPChameleon' board
>
> Members:
> 	arch/ppc/platforms/ibm405ep.c:1.2->1.3
> 	drivers/net/ibm_emac/ibm_ocp_enet.c:1.1->1.2
> 	include/asm-ppc/ppcboot.h:1.3->1.4

Where can I get these changes? Is this your copy of linuxppc_2_4_devel or
(so-called) official tree?

Best regards,
Tolunay