[U-Boot-Users] u-boot.h/bd_t missing fields needed by Linux IBM IIC I2C Interface Driver

listmember at orkun.us listmember at orkun.us
Wed Feb 4 18:53:01 CET 2004

Brian,

I would like to submit the changes but now there is a conflict because one
field in board info structure that is named different.

The one in linuxppc tree uses bi_opb_busfreq while DENX tree uses
bi_opbfreq. This affects one line in linuxppc tree's i2c-ibm_iic.c.

If I were to patch the i2c-ibm_iic.c on linuxppc tree I would break others
that had the field other way (thus I would need to patch all other
platforms as well). If I just patch the ppcboot.h in linuxppc tree than I
would create inconsistency between DENX and linuxppc trees as well as the
u-boot.h.

So, I am not sure what is the best way to handle it. I do not know why the
field name diverged between the two trees. I am looking for a solution
that is acceptable for everyone and also consistent of u-boot.h

I believe Wolfgang is most qualified to advise on this situation...

Best regards,
Tolunay