[U-Boot-Users] SystemACE support for u-boot via fat

Stephen Williams gfi8d1h02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Feb 5 18:33:12 CET 2004

Wolfgang Denk wd-at-denx.de |u-boot-users| wrote:
> In message <27598-21055 at sneakemail.com> you wrote:
>
>>I've made a patch relative the current CVS (at sourceforge)
>>that adds support for a Xilinx SystemACE chip directly
>>attached to the PPC. (Well, conceivably any CPU type.)
>>
>>I've made the bundle of diffs and new files available for
>>ftp download here:
>

> It doesn't work this way. Please you submit your patches to the  list
> (or to me).

This is the systemace.h and systemace.c files that goes
with the earlier posted systemace patch. These files go
in include/systemace.h and common/cmd_ace.c

--------------------------
#ifndef __systemace_H
#define __systemace_H
/*
  * Copyright (c) 2004 Picture Elements, Inc.
  *    Stephen Williams (steve at picturel.com)
  *
  *    This source code is free software; you can redistribute it
  *    and/or modify it in source code form under the terms of the GNU
  *    General Public License as published by the Free Software
  *    Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option)
  *    any later version.
  *
  *    This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
  *    but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
  *    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
  *    GNU General Public License for more details.
  *
  *    You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
  *    along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
  *    Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA
02111-1307, USA
  */
#ident "$Id:$"

#ifdef CONFIG_SYSTEMACE

# include  <part.h>

block_dev_desc_t *  systemace_get_dev(int dev);

#endif
#endif
---------------------------------
/*
  * Copyright (c) 2004 Picture Elements, Inc.
  *    Stephen Williams (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)
  *
[...]

  * The Xilinx SystemACE chip support is activated by defining
  * CONFIG_SYSTEMACE to turn on support, and CFG_SYSTEMACE_BASE
  * to set the base address of the device. This code currently
  * assumes that the chip is connected via a byte-wide bus.
  *
  * The CONFIG_SYSTEMACE also adds to fat support the device class
  * "ace" that allows the user to execute "fatls ace 0" and the
  * like. This works by making the systemace_get_dev function
  * available to cmd_fat.c:get_dev and filling in a block device
  * description that has all the bits needed for FAT support to
  * read sectors.
  */

# include  <common.h>
# include  <command.h>
# include  <systemace.h>
# include  <part.h>
# include  <asm/io.h>

#ifdef CONFIG_SYSTEMACE

/*
  * The ace_readw and writew functions read/write 16bit words, but the
  * offset value is the BYTE offset as most used in the Xilinx
  * datasheet for the SystemACE chip. The CFG_SYSTEMACE_BASE is defined
  * to be the base address for the chip, usually in the local
  * peripheral bus.
  */
static unsigned ace_readw(unsigned offset)
{
       return readw(CFG_SYSTEMACE_BASE+offset);
}

static unsigned ace_writew(unsigned val, unsigned offset)
{
       writew(val, CFG_SYSTEMACE_BASE+offset);
}

/* */

static unsigned long systemace_read(int dev,
				    unsigned long start,
				    unsigned long blkcnt,
				    unsigned long *buffer);

static block_dev_desc_t systemace_dev = {0};

static int get_cf_lock(void)
{
       int retry = 10;

	/* CONTROLREG = LOCKREG */
       ace_writew(0x0002, 0x18);

	/* Wait for MPULOCK in STATUSREG[15:0] */
       while (! (ace_readw(0x04) & 0x0002)) {

	    if (retry < 0)
		  return -1;

	    udelay(100000);
	    retry -= 1;
       }

       return 0;
}

static void release_cf_lock(void)
{
	/* CONTROLREG = none */
       ace_writew(0x0000, 0x18);
}

block_dev_desc_t *  systemace_get_dev(int dev)
{
	/* The first time through this, the systemace_dev object is
	   not yet initialized. In that case, fill it in. */
       if (systemace_dev.blksz == 0) {
	    systemace_dev.if_type   = IF_TYPE_UNKNOWN;
	    systemace_dev.part_type = PART_TYPE_UNKNOWN;
	    systemace_dev.type      = DEV_TYPE_HARDDISK;
	    systemace_dev.blksz     = 512;
	    systemace_dev.removable = 1;
	    systemace_dev.block_read = systemace_read;
       }

       return &systemace_dev;
}

/*
  * This function is called (by dereferencing the block_read pointer in
  * the dev_desc) to read blocks of data. The return value is the
  * number of blocks read. A zero return indicates an error.
  */
static unsigned long systemace_read(int dev,
				    unsigned long start,
				    unsigned long blkcnt,
				    unsigned long *buffer)
{
       unsigned val;
       int retry;
       unsigned char*dp = (unsigned char*)buffer;

       if (get_cf_lock() < 0) {
	    unsigned status = ace_readw(0x04);

	      /* If CFDETECT is false, card is missing. */
	    if (! (status&0x0010)) {
		  printf("** CompactFlash card not present. **\n");
		  return 0;
	    }

	    printf("**** ACE locked away from me (STATUSREG=%04x)\n", status);
	    return 0;
       }

       retry = 2000;
       for (;;) {
	    unsigned val = ace_readw(0x04);

	      /* If CFDETECT is false, card is missing. */
	    if (! (val & 0x0010)) {
		  printf("**** ACE CompactFlash not found.\n");
		  release_cf_lock();
		  return 0;
	    }

	      /* If RDYFORCMD, then we are ready to go. */
	    if (val & 0x0100)
		  break;

	    if (retry < 0) {
		  printf("**** SystemACE not ready.\n");
		  release_cf_lock();
		  return 0;
	    }

	    udelay(1000);
	    retry -= 1;
       }

	/* Write LBA block address */
       ace_writew(start & 0xffff, 0x10);
       start >>= 16;
       ace_writew(start & 0xff, 0x12);

	/* Write sector count | ReadMemCardData. */
       ace_writew(blkcnt | 0x0300, 0x14);

	/* CONTROLREG = CFGRESET|LOCKREQ */
       ace_writew(0x0082, 0x18);

       retry = blkcnt * 16;
       while (retry > 0) {
	    int idx;

	      /* Wait for buffer to become ready. */
	    while (! (ace_readw(0x04) & 0x0020)) {
		  udelay(1000);
	    }

	      /* Read 16 words of 2bytes from the sector buffer. */
	    for (idx = 0 ;  idx < 16 ;  idx += 1) {
		  unsigned short val = ace_readw(0x40);
		  *dp++ = val & 0xff;
		  *dp++ = (val>>8) & 0xff;