[U-Boot-Users] serial download of uImage

himbA goavr at email.si
Mon Feb 9 01:29:41 CET 2004

Hi
I'm a newbie to u-boot and pretty much to embedded systems.
I have a pxa255 board running 2.4.19 kernel with appropriate patches for
ARM and xscale and u-boot 1.0.1 as bootloader already installed by
somebody else (I just got the stuff).
Now, ethernet link is not working yet, due to some issues with SMSC
LAN91c111 driver for linux, so I would like to use serial link to
download new kernel image. I've built the kernel and I have uImage ready
to go. I also have kermit setup according to DULG wiki. I can connect to
serial port of my board just fine, issue 'loadb offset' and then hit
ctrl-\c, issue 'send uImage'. this the  response i get:
*************************
SEND-class command failed.
 Packets sent: 2
 Retransmissions: 11
 Timeouts: 7
 Damaged packets: 5
 Fatal Kermit Protocol Error: Too many retries

Is there a cure for this?

Let me also mention thet I'm using USB-rs232 adapter on /dev/ttyUSB0
#l /dev/ttyUSB0
crw-rw----    1 root     uucp     188,   0 2004-02-09 00:14 /dev/ttyUSB0

I'm member of uucp.

Also is it possible to use SMSC LAN91c111 from u-boot to get
dhcp+tftp+nfs boot working?

regards, himba