[U-Boot-Users] Patch for ModNET50 board and NET+50 CPU

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Feb 10 01:02:59 CET 2004

In message <opr2ycf4kg940igx at smtp.elste.org> you wrote:

> I've ported U-Boot for the ModNET50 board from FSForth. The
> board uses a NET+50 CPU from Netsilicon, an ARM7TDMI without
> MMU. A patch for this CPU is also included.

At first  glance  I  see  little  difference  between  your  code  in
cpu/netarm and what we already have in cpu/arm720t - and nothing that
could not be implemente dby a few #ifdef's.

Why do you think this is a so different type of CPU that we will need
a new CPU directory?

If possible, I would like to avoid creating a new CPU directory which
just duplicates existing code.

> The patch is against todays CVS version, I've tested it by
> downloading, flashing and booting uCLinux, everything seems
> to work fine. If nevertheless anything is wrong with the code,
> please let me know.

In the meantime I added  the  patch  which  changed  the  ARM  memory
layout. This obsoletes your patch.

I'm afraid I have to ask you to resubmit this patch.

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 17 - 19,  Hall 12.0 Booth 440
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Nothing is easier than to denounce  the  evildoer;  nothing  is  more
difficult than to understand him.                 - Fyodor Dostoevski