[U-Boot-Users] (no subject)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Feb 10 23:25:20 CET 2004

In message <1538.81.227.175.195.1076440809.squirrel at webmail.unisite.se> you wrote:

> I built u-boot 1.0.1 with the new MontaVista Professional Edition 3.1, Dev
> Rocket Environment. It went well and I succeeded to flash the code to a
> Motorola Evaluation board ( PQ2FADS-VR ). However, when I tried to debug
> the code I started in start.S but after the the first jump bl in start.S I
> ended up in a C file that is handling U-boot CLI commands...

Can you prove this with a log of the exact steps you performed?

> I think that the GDB in BDI2000 is a 5.x version and GDB in the MontaVista
> Professional Edition 3.1 is a 6.0 version ( Gcc 3.3.2 ).

There is no "GDB in  BDI2000".  The  BDI2000  implements  GDB  remote
protocol   over   TCP/IP.   This  protocol  is  pretty  much  version
independent.

> Do you think that this could be a possible issue or is it only me doing
> some configuration faults?

I guess the later is the case.

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 17 - 19,  Hall 12.0 Booth 440
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
What is mind?  No matter.  What is matter?  Never mind.
                                      -- Thomas Hewitt Key, 1799-1875