[U-Boot-Users] BDI2000 Debug

uboot at sundmangroup.com uboot at sundmangroup.com
Wed Feb 11 09:48:36 CET 2004

Hello,
>>Can you prove this with a log of the exact steps you performed?

I am doing the following steps:

1. Rebuild U-boot 1.0.1 :: OK
2. Flash U-boot 1.0.1 to a Motorola PQ2FADS-VR board :: OK
3. Test U-boot 1.0.1 through the PQ2FADS-VR board serial interface :: OK
BDI2000 Debug attempt 1
1. ppc_82xx-gdb u-boot
2. target remote bdi2000:2001

_start ()
     at start.S:163
163   li r21, BOOTFLAG_COLD /* ...
(gdb) b cpu_init_f
Breakpoint 1 at 0xfff03bac: file cpu_init.c, line 106
(gdb) c
Continuing.

< Here the debug session hangs or continues forever.... >

BDI2000 Debug attempt 2
1. ppc_82xx-gdb u-boot
2. target remote bdi2000:2001

_start ()
     at start.S:163
163   li r21, BOOTFLAG_COLD /* ...
(gdb) s
164   nop
(gdb) s
165   b boot_cold
(gdb) s
do_bootm_linux ( cmdtp=0xffffdfff, flag=1, argc=-257, argv=0x7ffffffff,
addr=4294966271, len_ptr=0xfff2c094, verify=-1) at cmd_bootm.c:583
583   if ( argc >= 3 ) {

< After a few more steps the debug session hangs >

Regards // Matias