[U-Boot-Users] MPC5200 BDI2000 and USB

Pierre AUBERT p.aubert at staubli.com
Wed Feb 11 12:36:10 CET 2004

Hi everybody,

I'm using a BDI2000 to debug u-boot on a LITE5200 board. I've got
some problems with breakpoints and stepping when the MPC5200 USB is running.

When the USB is disabled, breakpoints are working, and I've got the
following
display on the BDI2000 terminal :

BDI>bi 0x3f9732c
Breakpoint identification is 1
BDI>break
Breakpoint mode is SOFT
BDI>go
- Target MBAR is 0xF0000000
- Target XLBA is 0x80002006
- TARGET: stopped
BDI>in
   Target CPU        : MPC8280/MGT5200 (Zeppo)
   Target state      : debug mode
   Debug entry cause : instruction address breakpoint
   Current PC        : 0x03f9732c
   Current CR        : 0x24008004
   Current MSR       : 0x00001002
   Current LR        : 0x03fa2028
BDI>go
- Target MBAR is 0xF0000000
- Target XLBA is 0x80002006

When the USB is enabled and the breakpoint is reached, if I try to continue
my program, the MPC5200 stops again and I've got the following display :
BDI>go
- Target MBAR is 0xF0000000
- Target XLBA is 0x80002006
- Target MBAR is 0xF0000000
- Target XLBA is 0x00000000
- TARGET: stopped

BDI>go
- Target MBAR is 0xF0000000
- Target XLBA is 0x00000000
- Target MBAR is 0xF0000000
- Target XLBA is 0x00000000
- TARGET: stopped
BDI>in
   Target CPU        : MPC8280/MGT5200 (Zeppo)
   Target state      : debug mode
   Debug entry cause : <reserved 0>
   Current PC        : 0x03f97324
   Current CR        : 0x24008004
   Current MSR       : 0x00001002
   Current LR        : 0x03fa2028

It's impossible to continue the program.

Any suggestion ?

Best regards