[U-Boot-Users] BDI2000 Debug :: III

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Feb 13 10:21:02 CET 2004

In message <49432.194.237.142.7.1076660606.squirrel at webmail.unisite.se> you wrote:

> When you are debugging Uboot with BDI2000, are you debugging optimized code?

Normally yes.

See http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/DebuggingTricks

> > I noticed that in the config.mk file OPTFLAGS is set to -Os.
> > When I change it to -O0 i.e. no optimization and do,
> >
> > make clean
> > make all
> >
> > I get undefined references in libcramfs.a and libcommon.a.
> >
> > Why is that? I want to try debugging without optimization.

You don't get certain inlined functions without optimization.

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 17 - 19,  Hall 12.0 Booth 440
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
If I had to live my life again,  I'd  make  the  same  mistakes, only
sooner.                                          -- Tallulah Bankhead