[U-Boot-Users] crc check on the u-boot image(bin-file)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Feb 16 22:59:13 CET 2004

In message <02f101c3f4d4$5c37a2e0$9804a8c0 at ONTIME62> you wrote:

> I have a question about if anyone know if there is any way to generate
> an CRC check on the u-boot image itself.

Of course there is such a way. You just have to implement it :-)

But this obviously depends on your system coniguration - for example,
if your environment is "embedded", you  cannot  simply  checksum  the
U-Boot  image  in  flash  since a simple "saveenv" will change it. SO
your code will be pretty configuration dependent, and it will take  a
bit of thinking to implement this right.

> ------=_NextPart_000_02EE_01C3F4DC.BD73EF20

> <HTML><HEAD>

AAAARGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!! Please do NOT post HTML!!!

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 17 - 19,  Hall 12.0 Booth 440
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
In general, they do what you want, unless you want consistency.
                                    - Larry Wall in the perl man page