[U-Boot-Users] Hi, I am new to U-Boot, I am having problems on porting U-Boot

Jian-Bang Lai jian_bang at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 18 03:52:37 CET 2004

Dear All:

I am new to U-Boot. I am fighting with U-Boot and new board. There are
MPC8245, 128MB DRAM, 512k X 8 flash PROM, and a 32MB DOC on my board. I am
trying to modify a configuration of existed board, BMW,  to make U-Boot and
UART work firstly. Such that I can communicate with my board via Hyper-term
or minicom.

However, I modified the include/configs/BMW.h many times, burn the binary
file into flash rom, I still can not get any messages via Hyper-term. Can
any percursor kindly give me some suggestions?

Ps. I have checked the address of 512k flash PROM (0xfff0-0000 ~
0xfff7-ffff), baud rate set to 9600 (by BMW defaults).