[U-Boot-Users] pci in u-boot

Marco Schramel Schramel.Linux at go.bartec.de
Fri Feb 20 09:48:25 CET 2004

hi friends,

on my MPC8270 based board i will use the new Silicon Motion SM501 companion chip. This chip will be supported by the PCI bridge of the ppc. The SM501 is the only target on the pci bus.
Now i dont know exactly how to initialize pci in u-boot. By reading the sources (Boards: ATC, PM826) i found in the config files the settings "CONFIG_PCI", "CONFIG_PCI_PNP", "CFG_PCI_MSTR_IO_BUS".
In the board files i found the "pci_mpc8250_init(&hose)" function.
Is that really all what i have to do for initializing pci??
My embedded OS is Linux.  Are there any guides or sources which helps my to write a ppc device driver for my pci graphic controller?

Thanks in advance

Marco

---------
Marco Schramel