[U-Boot-Users] running custom apps under uboot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Feb 23 22:45:34 CET 2004

In message <403A69EE.6000101 at email.si> you wrote:

> >>tftp a0100000 hello_world.srec
> >>go a0140004 test test2
> >>(go a0100000 test test2)
> >
> > How comes you are using 0xa0100000 as load address?  Did  you  modify
> > the  Makefile  so that this address gets used? The default value used
> > in U-Boot for ARM systems is 0xc100000 ...
> >
> I'm trying to download hello_world.srec to the memory and run it from
> the memory, as i do with the kernel. I didn't change any Makefiles nor
> any of the sources. Was it wrong to think that I could execute an image
> from the memory that way ?

Standalone applications are not position-independent. They are linked
for a specific address and must be  loaded  to  and  started  at  the
correct address.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
But it's real. And if it's real it can be affected ... we may not  be
able  to break it, but, I'll bet you credits to Navy Beans we can put
a dent in it.
	-- deSalle, "Catspaw", stardate 3018.2