[U-Boot-Users] RE: running custom apps under uboot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Feb 24 11:17:39 CET 2004

In message <BAY15-DAV335TQTgHwu0000b56d at hotmail.com> you wrote:

> Because, by default, the load address was 0xc100000, and in our platform
> there was no memory at this location. We got the hello_world.bin and
> burnt it in Flash (in 0x00040000) using JFlash. Then only type:
>
> go 40000 Hello World!!

Note that this may result in "strange" behaviour, as the data and bss
segments are not writable when the image is stored in flash (or other
read-only) memory. Anything beyond the trivial  hello  world  program
will most likely fail.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
CAUTION:  The Mass of This Product Contains the Energy Equivalent  of
85 Million Tons of TNT per Net Ounce of Weight.