[U-Boot-Users] Problems with u-boot, PPChameleonEVB and MontaVista kernel

Chuck Meade chuckmeade at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 24 16:43:07 CET 2004

Yeah sorry about that, I was thinking one thing and typing another.
I have seen so many times people downloading to 0x0 and stomping
their ppc vector area, that I answered without paying enough attention
to what Andy actually wrote.

I agree with Marius that the platform support code from the other
board is most likely not going to work unmodified on this board.
You (Andy) need to actually port the kernel to your target -- i.e.
each target has target-specific support that is required.  If you
are having trouble bringing up the low level startup code I would
also suggest acquiring a BDI2000, it can be a real help in such
situations.

Chuck