[U-Boot-Users] GDB-BDM for Coldfire

Stuart Wood swood at rochester.rr.com
Thu Feb 26 01:55:24 CET 2004

Hi All,

I'm having trouble setting up the BDM interface for GDB.
My target board is the M5282EVB.
I've been following Bernard Kuhn's tutorial "U-Boot for
Motorola Coldfire M5272C3 and M5282EVB" but I'm getting
the following error when running GDB and setting the target.

GNU gdb 5.2.1
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=m68k-bdm-elf".
gdbinit.init:1: Error in sourced command file:
Undefined target command: "bdm /dev/bdmcf0".  Try "help target".

The driver seems to be loaded.

[root at localhost My_Preloader]# lsmod | grep bdm
bdm                    28104   0  (unused)
[root at localhost My_Preloader]# ls -l /dev/bdmcf0
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root      34,   4 Feb 25 07:43 /dev/bdmcf0

Also I did change bdm.c line 1230 to

  0xc05,   /* BDM_REG_RAMBAR */

Any help would be appreciated!

Also is the gdb patches been included in gdb-6.0? and
does the BDM sourceforge project support the 5282?

Thanks!

Stuart