[U-Boot-Users] IDE LBA48 support and vsprintf 64bit support

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Feb 27 02:09:12 CET 2004

In message <DCEAAC0833DD314AB0B58112AD99B93B06DA76 at ismail.innsys.innovsys.com> you wrote:

> Here are two patches.
> First patch gives vsprintf the ability to print 64bit integers by using
> L as the qualifier
> Eg printf("a 64 bit number: %Lx", a64bitnumber);
> Also adds simple_strtoull (that handles long longs)
>
> Second patch adds 48bit addressing support to the IDE interface.
> Needs the vsprintf patches to be able to print larger capacity.

Ummm... actually I don't like to increase the  memory  footprint  for
all  systems for a feature which nearly nobody ever needs. I think it
should be possible to print the large capacities without  using  such
data formats (I guess you don't need 64 bit precision).

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
How long does it take a  DEC  field  service  engineer  to  change  a
lightbulb?       It depends on how many bad ones he brought with him.