[U-Boot-Users] MPC8247 and others

Ole Andreas Torvmark ole.torvmark at radionor.no
Fri Feb 27 08:09:22 CET 2004

Hi !
We are developing a new board using the new MPC8247 processors from
Motorola.

You guys probably know this already :

MPC8247 is part of a new family of PowerQUICC II processors from
Motorola.
This new family include MPC8247,MPC8248,MPC8271,MPC8272 which are all
derivatives from of the MPC8280 and MPC8260.

Since I would like to post back patches and add support code for this
CPU back to the U-Boot project I was wondering what is best when
starting :
Add a new directory to cpu, mpc8272 (or something) and copying code from
mpc8260 and changing this or add changes with defines in the MPC8260
directory. The MPC8260 and MPC8247 are very similar but there are some
changes, configuration registers (HRCW is changed among others
(start.S)) and an USB controller etc.

What is the best approach ?

Best regards

Ole Andreas Torvmark