[U-Boot-Users] IDE LBA48 support and vsprintf 64bit support

Rune Torgersen runet at innovsys.com
Fri Feb 27 17:57:23 CET 2004

> Ummm... actually I don't like to increase the  memory
> footprint  for all  systems for a feature which nearly nobody
> ever needs. I think it should be possible to print the large
> capacities without  using  such data formats (I guess you
> don't need 64 bit precision).

I guess I can add some #ifdefs around my code (especially the 64bit
printing stuff)
Hex isn't a problem, and decimal is not a problem as long as the disk is
less than 548GB

For the IDE stuff itself, without 64 bit the IDE can handle drives up to
548GB (max sector numbers possible in 32 bit). What if I have a config
option to use 64-bit sector numbers, and default to using 32-bit?

(I needed this since our board does have a 250GB disk attached, and I
wanted to see the real capacity when booting)