[U-Boot-Users] u-boot and uClinux

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Feb 29 18:29:56 CET 2004

In message <20040228154010.A4785 at curtisb.com> you wrote:
> Has anyone used u-boot with uClinux?  I am wondering about using

Yes.

> u-boot with a MMU-less ARM7TDMI based SoC.  Has anyone used u-boot
> with a MMU-less processor?

Yes, of course.

> Having read the README I know u-boot offers a lot functionality when
> booting linux.  I don't care so much about tight integration with
> linux, but I am _very_ interested in the nice features of the u-boot
> monitor.

The fact that U-Boot is linux-friendy does not mean that Linux is all
it supports.

> Does the u-boot monitor dependend on an MMU?

Not at all. If you had checked the  list  of  supported  systems  you
should  have  seen that there are a lot of MMU-less AREM, PowerPC and
MIPS systems which are supported by U-Boot.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that  causes  you
to  stumble.  Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you
have crossed the mountain.