[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot Not Loading Successfully

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jan 1 18:12:22 CET 2004

In message <20031231212129.35283.qmail at web41407.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:
> I am porting U-Boot over to a new product and am
> having some difficulty getting U-Boot to load
> successfully.  I have placed our board on a logic
> The board is set to have the IMMR come up at
> 0xFF000000 (on hard reset), and that is what I have
> CFG_IMMR set to in my board configuration file.  Could
> this be a problem with the placement of the IMMR.  I
> previously had the IMMR at 0x00000000 on hard reset
> and then moved it to 0xFA200000 with CFG_IMMR, which
> had the same effect.  Or, could this be an issue with
> my BR0 and OR0 settings?  I read something in that
> file before those two lines above, which talked about
> CFG_OR0_REMAP, but didn't quite understand it.  Should
> I be using this?

There is a long and detailed comment in that source file  immediately
before the source lines you are referring to. I have no better way to
explain this.

> I would appreciate anyones input, since I'm not too
> familiar with the U-Boot beyond the board specific
> files.

Read the comment again, as it answeres your  question.  If  you  have
plroblems  understanding  it,  please exaplain what exactly don't you
understand.

Best regards, and a Happy New Year!

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
A memorandum is written not to inform the reader, but to protect  the
writer.                                               -- Dean Acheson