[U-Boot-Users] lds question

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jan 2 15:19:56 CET 2004

In message <Pine.LNX.4.44.0312071900270.17468-100000 at dallas.texasconnect.net> you wrote:
> The file u-boot.lds for the dbau1x00 boards contains the following line at
> the top:
>
> OUTPUT_FORMAT("elf32-tradbigmips", "elf32-tradbigmips", "elf32-tradbigmips")
>
> but to get the board to compile for little endian the line needs to be
> changed to:
>
> OUTPUT_FORMAT("elf32-tradlittlemips", "elf32-tradlittlemips", "elf32-tradlittlemips")
>
> but #ifdef doesn't seem to work in this file.  What I came up with was
> acutally a hack in the top level config.mk file to use a different file I
> called u-boot-l.lds.  Is there a better way?

You can omit this line in the linker script and use "ld" command line
options (--oformat) instead; you  can  probably  use  something  like
"PLATFORM_LDFLAGS += ..." in your board directory config.mk file.

Best regards, and a Happy New Year!

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"There is nothing new under the sun, but there are lots of old things
we don't know yet."                                  - Ambrose Bierce