[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot Not Loading Successfully

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jan 3 13:05:41 CET 2004

In message <20040103043302.75170.qmail at web15207.mail.bjs.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> > I'm not sure what reset vector is.  I am assuming
> > that you are talking about CFG_RESET_ADDRESS, which
> > I have set to 0x80000000.  I'm not sure exactly what
> > to set that to, since some board configuration files

See in do_reset() [in cpu/*/cpu.c] how CFG_RESET_ADDRESS gets used.

> To my knowledge,reset vector is decided by Hardware
> Circuit of Power-on.In PowerPC,only two reset vectors
> are possible.One is 0x00000100,another 0xFFF00100.So

This is correct for the many, but not for all PowerPC processors. The
IBM 4xx, for example, starts at 0xFFFFFFFC instead.

> OK.It's not necessary to set CFG_RESET_ADDRESS.At

It may be necessary if you want that the "reset" command in U-Boot is
working as expected.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Just about every computer on the market today runs Unix,  except  the
Mac (and nobody cares about it).                   - Bill Joy 6/21/85