[U-Boot-Users] Testing a cross compiler for a mpc8540 cpu

Kumar Gala kumar.gala at motorola.com
Mon Jan 5 16:01:32 CET 2004

Matthew,

A few things that may be useful.
1. from an application stand point the main differences focus on
floating point and availability of new SPE functionality.  Pure integer
code that runs on PPC should work (Compiling app code with -msoft-float
-mno-string)
2. for building u-boot/kernel style code a standard PPC compiler with a
new binutils (2.14 or greater) should be sufficient.  2.14 or greater
adds support for the full Book-E and e500 ISA and the -me500 option to
the assembler.

Hopefully this provides some help.

- kumar