[U-Boot-Users] FW: PATCH: Another mpc8xx watchdog driver !!

Eli Brin elib at rokonet.co.il
Wed Jan 7 08:47:18 CET 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Eli Brin
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 9:46 AM
To: 'Robin Gilks'
Subject: RE: PATCH: Another mpc8xx watchdog driver !!

Dear Robin,

>Gosh - egg on face. Got mixed up with the PIT which usually uses a 32KHz
>crystal as does the RTC on the mpc860. Well, we don't have a crystal on
>the PIT so that (as well as the non-existant RTC) is not available!!

>This is what comes from trying to rely on memory alone with 1358 pages
>of mpc866 manual :-))

Our target doesn't have a 32 KHz crystal, and the WDT (DENX) works OK.

Out target MPC855T uses only a 50MHz oscillator.  The u-boot and Linux
configuration is the same as the TQM8xx, we just added:
#define CONFIG_8XX_GCLK_FREQ 50000000 in the u-boot configuration.

All our applications register with the WDT and it works OK.

Best regards,
Eli Brin