[U-Boot-Users] Re: Hang after relocating u-boot code...

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jan 9 07:59:07 CET 2004

In message <20040109021612.81164.qmail at web15208.mail.bjs.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> When using the UPM Burst Read settings whick worked on LITE_DW,I got the
> following best result by now.I wrote some UPMA Burst Read Words but without no
> better performance.

As I have pointed out a hundred times or more before: the culprit  is
usially  NOT the UPM setting, but the initialization sequence of your
SDRAM.

> 2.When setting DER as 0x51c7000f,I get the "good" results by over 70 continuing
> "go" commands:

This probably just hushes up the symptoms. Try  runnign  without  the
BDI  attached. Does it work? No? You see... the problem was not fixed
yet.

> It seems that one more step could succeed.However,the truth hurts.I trapped in
> settings of UPM RAM Words and want to figure it out.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE UPM SETUP.

THE PROBLEM IS THE SDRAM INIT SEQUENCE.

[sorry for shouting]

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 17 - 19,  Hall 12.0 Booth 440
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Quote from a recent meeting:   "We are going to continue having these
meetings everyday until I find out why no work is getting done."