[U-Boot-Users] SDRAM Burst Read/Write Test

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jan 13 14:47:30 CET 2004

In message <20040113133142.17297.qmail at web41413.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:
> I think I am having problems with the UPM settings for
> my burst read/write.  I have verified that my single

As pointed out several hundret times before, this usually has nothing
to do with the UPM setup, but is a  consequence  of  missing  or  bad
initialization sequence of your SDRAM chips.

> verify they were saved.  How can I do the same thing
> to check my burst read/write?  Is there a C function I

Boot Linux. If it's running with a lot of network traffic (like  with
root  filesystem  mounted  over  NFS) you are pretty safe. For a very
less reliable test, use TFTP to download a large file under U-Boot.

> can call, or do I just need to inline "lmw"?  I seem
> to be having a similar problem to Sam, where U-Boot
> crashes when relocating U-Boot to SDRAM.  It crashes
> in relocate_code, which is probably a burst read/write
> problem (from reading Sam's posts).

Right. It crashes when the CPU starts instruction fetches from SDRAM,
using burst mode to fill the cache lines.

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 17 - 19,  Hall 12.0 Booth 440
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The use of Microsoft crippleware systems is a sin that  carries  with
it its own punishment.
         -- Tom Christiansen in <6bo3fr$pj8$5 at csnews.cs.colorado.edu>