[U-Boot-Users] PCI Enumeration

John Manby jmanby at tnex.com
Wed Jan 14 01:38:48 CET 2004

Hi Rune,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I spoke with the custom DSP board designer about this and he assures me the
IDSEL settings are correct. He's done numerous PCI designs and thinking back
on it, I've never had more than one PCI device to deal with in a system
until now. He reminded me that one thing I left out in my initial
description is that both carrier cards have a transparent bridge on them.
That bridge would be in front of the non-transparent bridge on the
Valleytech board and in front of the DSPs on our custom board. I guess that
makes the depth two hops on our custom board and three on the Valleytech
board to get to the DSPs. I will read up on the PCI spec and look at the
bridge data sheets, but this level of PCI is new to me and I appreciate any
and all help. If you have any tips for debugging this in Linux, I would
appreciate that too! (I'm used to using Tornado or the Green Hills tools
with JTAG probes and this company doesn't have anything for debugging Linux)

Thanks again!!
-John