[U-Boot-Users] AMD Flash not responding to Autoselect

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jan 16 09:01:35 CET 2004

In message <20040116065725.3643.qmail at web10601.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I am using AMD 29F160 2MB on board flash on a custom
> board. I am using the sbc8260/flash.c as the driver

Are you sure this was a good choice? Why?

> /* Reset and Write auto select command: read
> Manufacturer ID */
>     addr[0] = 0xf0f0f0f0;
>     addr[0x0555] = 0xAAAAAAAA;
>     addr[0x02AA] = 0x55555555;
>     addr[0x0555] = 0x90909090;
>     udelay (1000);

Is your flash really 4 chips in 8 bit mode?

> the flash base. Any solutions?

Check if the flash driver matches your hardware.

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 17 - 19,  Hall 12.0 Booth 440
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"...this does not mean that some of us should not want, in  a  rather
dispassionate sort of way, to put a bullet through csh's head."
                   - Larry Wall in <1992Aug6.221512.5963 at netlabs.com>