[U-Boot-Users] Board hangs during relocate_code..

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jan 16 17:14:50 CET 2004

In message <Pine.GSO.4.58.0401161637170.9331 at bru-cse-065.cisco.com> you wrote:

> > Is nobody readuing mailing ist archives or FAQ's any more?
>
> Pardon my ignorance, but can you point me to the mailing list archives or
> the FAQ?

The link to the mailing list is in the README, see section "Where  to
get help".

The link to the manual (including the FAQ seqction) is in the README,
too; see section "U-Boot Porting Guide".

> I see you flaming people on this list quite frequently for asking
> questions that have been asked before; I think it's fair to expect people
> to do their homework before asking a question, however seing as
>
> - u-boot.sourceforge.net is just a blank page,

So what? All relevant information can be found at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/u-boot

> in the README file) contains no link to the list archive, and the "Mailing
> Lists" link on www.sourceforge.net/projects/u-boot suggests that the
> u-boot-users list is "not yet archived",

Well, you got a point here. Normally this should be working. I  don't
know  what's going on at SF again. What you see now is NOT the normal
situation. The list _is_ archived, and normally  you  can  access  it
following the link above.

> - the "Project Documentation" (Docmanager) on sourceforge again only links
> to a blank page...

OK, I added a link to the DULG.

> ... i find it not trivial to find those archives/FAQs you are referring
> to. Google searches for "u-boot-users" only seem to return
> cross-posts to other lists, no archive of this list itself. Suggestions?

I have no idea what needs to be done to get list added to google...

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 17 - 19,  Hall 12.0 Booth 440
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
I must follow the people.  Am I not their leader? - Benjamin Disraeli