[U-Boot-Users] tftpboot of BIG files fails

Rupesh S rupeshs at myw.ltindia.com
Tue Jan 27 19:01:30 CET 2004

Hi,
I find a typical problem downloading a BIG ( 4MB) linux image to the SDRAM
using u-boot's  _tftpboot_ command.
The Linux image is Linked at 0x20000.
My u-boot is liked at 0x3e0000 (I understaood this from the following two
macros)
TEXT_BASE = 0x3E0000
CFG_MONITOR_BASE = 0x3E0000

On an anlysis, I figured out that, I can only download a image file of size
(0X3E0000 - 0X20000 = less than 4MB) before I start overwriting the u-boot's
code itself.

So I reconfigured the macros to link the u-boot on _top_ of the SDRAM (SDRAM
map is 0x00000000 to 0x01000000)

TEXT_BASE = 0xFE0000
CFG_MONITOR_BASE = 0xFE0000

This should ensure that the _ftftp_ will download the 4MB image well within
the u-boot code.
But still I face the problem of not able to download the BIG image.
Do I have to modify anything else to actually move the u-boot execution to
0XFE0000 ?
Dows the tftp boot itself restrict the size of the file to be downloaded ?

Any clues in this regard.
Thanks
- -
rupesh