[U-Boot-Users] U-boot for MIPS - problem using latest gcc

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jan 28 23:48:00 CET 2004

In message <603BA0CFF3788E46A0DB0918D9AA95100A0E2F3D at sj580004wcom.int.lantronix.com> you wrote:
> First - I downloaded u-boot v1.0

I could ask wy you use an old version, but it does not matter here.

> Then - I changed CROSS_COMPILE to be the latest MIPS compiler

See below.

> Then - I did a make dbau1x00_config
> Then - I did a make all.
> Memsetup.S is definitely in board/dbau1x00/
> So - the file is not missing.

Indeed. And actually this is building fine:

	-> tar jxf /opt/tarballs/u-boot-1.0.0.tar.bz2
	-> cd u-boot-1.0.0
	-> MAKEALL dbau1x00
	rm -f include/config.h include/config.mk
	Configuring for dbau1x00 board...
	net.c: In function `NetStartAgain':
	net.c:492: warning: integer overflow in expression
	 112120    4760   17252  134132   20bf4 u-boot

> Since it is not missing - it must be "incorrect".  What would "incorrect
> be"?

Since all of your  steps  except  one  work  fine  here  I  can  only
speculate  that  the  problem  must be in the step where we do things
differently: I use a working compiler.

Seems your toolchain has some problems?

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 17 - 19,  Hall 12.0 Booth 440
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"I haven't lost my mind - it's backed up on tape somewhere."